Structure of the Foundation Certificate in Software Testing Exam
- The examination consists of a one hour exam with 40 multiple choice questions.
- It will be a 'closed book' examination i.e. no notes or books will be allowed into the examination room.
- Duration of 60 minutes (or 75 minutes for candidates taking examinations that are not in their native language)
- No study material or electronic devices (including mobile phones) may be used during the examination
- Candidates are allowed to use simple non-programmable calculators (to be provided by the candidate)
- An official translation of terms (not their definitions) from the ISTQB® Glossary to the local language is allowed
- Candidates taking exams that are not in their native language may use a paper-based translation dictionary.
- The pass mark is 65% (26 out of 40).