The course is a five day, ten lesson, multiple topic course, and includes both theoretical and lab based tasks.
Lesson 1 Installing and Configuring PC Components
A very large percentage of the work an IT technician performs is working with hardware. This includes installing, upgrading, repairing, configuring, maintaining, optimising, and troubleshooting computer components. This lesson covers the computer’s system components and peripheral devices.
- Topic A - Use Appropriate Safety Procedures
- Topic B - PC Components
- Topic C - Common Connection Interfaces
- Topic D - Install Peripheral Devices
- Topic E - Troubleshooting Methodology
Lesson 2: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Display and Multimedia Devices
This lesson focuses on installing, configuring, and troubleshooting display and multimedia devices.
- Topic A - Install and Configure Display Devices
- Topic B - Troubleshoot Display Devices
- Topic C - Install and Configure Multimedia Devices
Lesson 3: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Storage Devices
As an IT technician, responsibilities are likely to include installing and maintaining many different types of computer components, including storage devices. This lesson covers the various technologies used to store data, including RAM, ROM, HDD, SSD, removable and optical media
- Topic A - Install System Memory
- Topic B - Install and Configure Mass Storage Devices
- Topic C - Install and Configure Removable Storage
- Topic D - Configure RAID
- Topic E - Troubleshoot Storage Devices
Lesson 4: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Internal System Components
As an IT technician you may be called upon to maintain and install internal components within the system case. This lesson covers the function of the internal components of a PC based system, and how to manage them effectively.
- Topic A - Install and Upgrade CPUs
- Topic B - Configure and Update BIOS/UEFI
- Topic C - Install a PSU
- Topic D - Troubleshoot Internal System Components
- Topic E - Configure a Custom PC
Lesson 5: Network Infrastructure Concepts
In this lesson we cover the technologies that create a network infrastructure, such as cabling technologies, wireless standards, switches, routers, and protocols.
- Topic A - Wired Networks
- Topic B - Network Hardware Devices
- Topic C - Wireless Networks
- Topic D - Internet Connection Types
- Topic E - Network Configuration Concepts
- Topic F - Network Services
Lesson 6: Configuring and Troubleshooting Networks
In this lesson we cover the installation, configuration, and management of network devices.
- Topic A - Configure Network Connection Settings
- Topic B - Install and configure SOHO Networks
- Topic C - Configure SOHO Network Security
- Topic D - Configure Remote Access
- Topic E - Troubleshoot Network Connections
- Topic F - Install and Configure IoT Devices
Lesson 7: Implementing Client Virtualisation and Cloud Computing
This lesson covers the basics of Cloud computing and then moves onto the concepts of Virtualisation.
- Topic A - Configure Client-Side Virtualisation
- Topic B - Cloud Computing Concepts
Lesson 8: Supporting and Troubleshooting Laptops
In this lesson we cover the difference between desktop and laptop technologies.
- Topic A - Use Laptop Features
- Topic B - Install and Configure Laptop Hardware
- Topic C - Troubleshoot Common Laptop Issues
Lesson 9: Supporting and Troubleshooting Mobile Devices
In this lesson we look at the types of mobile devices available. We also look at managing and maintaining mobile devices.
- Topic A - Mobile Device Types
- Topic B - Connect and Configure Mobile Device Accessories
- Topic C - Configure Mobile Device Network Connectivity
- Topic D - Support Mobile Apps
Lesson 10: Installing, Configuring and Troubleshooting Print Devices
In this lesson we cover the various technologies used for printing.
- Topic A - Maintain Laser Printers
- Topic B - Maintain Inkjet Printers
- Topic C - Maintain Impact, Thermal and 3D Printers
- Topic D - Install and Configure Printers
- Topic E - Troubleshoot Print Device Issues
- Topic F - Install and Configure Imaging Devices