Module 1: Big Data and Business Case
- What is Big Data? – Creating a definition
- What will it solve? – Potential solutions for an organization (this will be specific for onsite courses)
- Business Users and Big Data
- Understanding Roles and Skiils – What does the business user bring to the table? Why should IT look to getting the business users own and drive the initiative?
- Business User Ownership – What does this entail?
- Challenges – Issues and Risks
- Building the Business Case
- Components of Big Data Business Case
- How to build the Appropriate Business Case
- Next Generation of Business Intelligence
- Analytics and Metrics – What do we derive new?
- Visualization Requirements – What are the changes and associated challenges?
- Mashups – Understading multi-dimensional data management. Metadata is critical and why?
Module 2: Semantics and Ontologies
- Introduction to Semantic Frameworks – Future of Visualization and Analytics
- Understanding Semantic integration for Big Data – Where and How? Business Benefits.
- Using Ontologies for Metadata Management – Case Study
- Managing Business Rules for Processing - Case Study
Module 3: Big Data and the Data Warehouse
- The New Landscape
- What Can We Solve
- How to Assess and Manage Data For Today and Future
- Technology overview
- Hadoop, NoSQL, Cassandra, Big Query, Drill, Redshift, AWS (S3, EC2)
- Programming with MapReduce
- Understanding analytical requirements
Module 4: Self-Service Discovery Platforms
- Challenges of Data Management and Processing
- MDM, Metadata and More – Have we moved over this?
Module 5: Workloads
- Data Management
- Infrastructure Limitations
Module 6: Next-generation data warehouse
- Solution architectures
- The three s’s: scalability, sustainability, and stability
- People skills
- Critical success factors
Module 7: Big Data Road map
- Building A Road map
- Risks and Mitigations
- Business Driven Objectives
- Solving A Million Dollar Puzzle
- Readying The Organization