Cloud Architect Learning Path
Cloud Architects design, develop, and manage robust and scalable cloud architecture solutions. You can follow this learning path to earn your certification.
1) Course: Google Cloud Fundamentals - Core Infrastructure
This one-day instructor-led class provides an overview of Google Cloud Platform products and services. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants learn the value of Google Cloud Platform and how to incorporate cloud-based solutions into business strategies.
2) Course: Architecting with Google Compute Engine
This three-day instructor-led class introduces participants to the comprehensive and flexible infrastructure and platform services provided by Google Cloud Platform. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants explore and deploy solution elements, including infrastructure components such as networks, systems and applications services. This course also covers deploying practical solutions including securely interconnecting networks, customer-supplied encryption keys, security and access management, quotas and billing, and resource monitoring.
3) Course: Architecting with Google Cloud: Design and Process
This two-day instructor-led class equips students to build highly reliable and efficient solutions on Google Cloud Platform, using proven design patterns and the principles of Google Site Reliability Engineering (SRE). It is a continuation of the Architecting with Google Cloud Platform: Infrastructure course and assumes hands-on experience with the technologies covered in that course.
4) Course: Getting Started with Google Kubernetes Engine
Explore how to implement solutions using Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE). In this course, you'll build, schedule, practice load balancing, and monitor your workloads. You'll also learn how to manage role-based access control and security, and provide persistent storage to your cloud applications.
5) Skill Badge: Create and Manage Cloud Resources
6) Skill Badge: Perform Foundational Infrastructure Tasks in Google Cloud
7) Skill Badge: Set Up and Configure a Cloud Environment in Google Cloud
8) Skill Badge: Automating Infrastructure on Google Cloud with Terraform
Earn a skill badge by completing the Automating Infrastructure on Google Cloud with Terraform quest, where you will learn how to write infrastructure as code with Terraform. In this quest, you will get hands-on experience building, changing, and destroying infrastructure, managing local and remote state, importing infrastructure, and building your own modules.
9) Skill Badge: Deploy and Manage Cloud Environments
10) Skill Badge: Optimize Costs for Google Kubernetes Engine
11) Course: Preparing for the Professional Cloud Architect Certification Exam
This course uses a top-down approach to recognize knowledge and skills already known, and to surface information and skill areas for additional preparation. You can use this course to help create your own custom preparation plan. It helps you distinguish what you know from what you don't know. And it helps you develop and practice skills required of practitioners who perform this job.
Data Engineer Learning Path
Data Engineers design solutions that ensure maximum flexibility and scalability, while meeting all required security controls.
1) Course: Big Data & Machine Learning Fundamentals
This one-day instructor-led course introduces participants to the big data capabilities of Google Cloud Platform. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants get an overview of the Google Cloud platform and a detailed view of the data processing and machine learning capabilities. This course showcases the ease, flexibility, and power of big data solutions on Google Cloud Platform.
2) Course: Data Engineering on Google Cloud Platform
Get an introduction to designing data processing systems, building end-to-end data pipelines, and analyzing data. You'll learn how to lift and shift Hadoop workloads using Dataproc, process batch and streaming data on Dataflow, manage data pipelines with Data Fusion and Cloud Composer, and more.
3) Course: Serverless Data Processing with Dataflow
4) Skill Badge: Create and Manage Cloud Resources
5) Skill Badge: Perform Foundational Data, ML, and AI Tasks in Google Cloud
6) Skill Badge: Engineer Data with Google Cloud
From BigQuery, to Dataprep, to Cloud Composer & Tensorflow, this quest is composed of specific labs that will put your Google Cloud data engineering knowledge to the test.
7) Course: Preparing for the Professional Data Engineer Examination
This full-day instructor-led course helps prospective candidates structure their preparation for the Professional Data Engineer exam. The session will cover the structure and format of the examination, as well as its relationship to other Google Cloud certifications. Through lectures, quizzes, and discussions, candidates will familiarize themselves with the domain covered by the examination, so as to help them devise a preparation strategy. Rehearses useful skills including exam question reasoning and case comprehension. Tips. Review of topics from the Data Engineering curriculum.