The Foundation Certificate in Digital Solution Development is an introductory level qualification intended to give a broad coverage of the many topics affecting Digital Solution Development (DSD) in a modern enterprise setting.
The syllabus seeks to:
The syllabus emphasises activities in the development part of a digital service lifecycle, with links to the other parts, as appropriate.
The BCS Foundation Certificate in Digital Solution Development is primarily targeted at the following groups:
1) People within roles other than software development who wish to gain a broad understanding of the terminology, concepts, techniques, standards, frameworks and processes involved in the development of modern digital software applications.
2) Developers with entry level coding experience who wish to widen their horizons, preparing themselves for a Solution Architect role.
3) Experienced practitioners involved in the maintenance of legacy software solutions who wish to refresh their understanding of the terminology, concepts, techniques, standards, frameworks and processes involved in the development of modern digital software applications.
4) Graduates in a non-IT discipline who are seeking to work in a consulting capacity.
It is anticipated that this certification will appeal to individuals undertaking a range of job roles including, but not limited to:
software developer / software engineer, software tester, business analyst, systems analyst, solution architect, product owner, Scrum master, systems development manager, IT service delivery manager.
None, however please read the special notice section for details on the syllabus and syllabus guidance.
The course prepares candidates for the examination to qualify for the BCS Foundation Certificate in Digital Solution Development.
The examination is based on the topics published in the syllabus and the accompanying guidance document. SFIA Levels 1/2.
Candidates will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of terminology, concepts, techniques, standards, frameworks and processes in the following areas:
1. The context for digital solution development.
2. Digital service definition.
3. User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI).
4. Digital solution architecture and design.
5. Data and information architecture and design.
6. Quality assurance and quality control.
7. Digital Solution acquisition, deployment and maintenance.
8. Cyber security.
Introductory Module: Course Introduction
Module 1: The context for digital solution development.
Module 2: Digital service definition and requirements engineering.
Module 3: User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI).
Module 4: Digital solution architecture and design.
Module 5: Data and information architecture and design.
Module 6: Quality assurance and quality control, including Testing
Module 7: Digital Solution acquisition, deployment and maintenance.
Module 8: Cyber security.
BCS Mock Examination
Note: the examination itself is taken on-line through the BCS exam provider, and is not taken as part of the course.
Delegates will be signed up to take the examination by BCS/QA and may arrange to take the exam on-line at their convenience after the course.
Join our public courses in our Istanbul, London and Ankara facilities. Private class trainings will be organized at the location of your preference, according to your schedule.