This course is designed for technical professionals who support a Check Point Virtual Security Extension (VSX) solution within their network security environment.
It is also recommended for candidates who are preparing for the Check Point Certified Virtual System Extension Specialist (CCVS) certification exam.
Gain the fundamental knowledge and skills needed to install, configure, and manage a Check Point Virtual Security Extension (VSX) solution within a network security environment. Identify and use the appropriate commands and techniques to troubleshoot VSX deployments, routing, and provisioning issues.
· VSX Overview
· Virtual System Installation and Configuration
· VSX Clustering
· Advanced VSX Features
· Troubleshooting VSX
Solid knowledge of the following:
Check Point training/certification:
Useful but not required:
• Identify basic functions, components, and advantages of using VSX technology.
• Explain the VSX management infrastructure and how traffic flows within a VSX network.
• List the routing schemes and features available with VSX.
• Identify options for deploying VSX technology within various complex organizations.
• Explain how to install and configure VSX Gateways and Virtual Systems.
• Explain how to deploy additional VSX networking configurations that are required in a specific environment.
• List the differences between deploying physical Security Gateway Clusters and VSX Gateway Clusters.
• Describe how Virtual Systems Load Sharing works to enhance VSX network performance.
• Explain how to use the VSX Provisioning Tool to add and remove virtual devices.
• Explain how to employ tools to optimize resources allocated in a VSX environment.
• Identify various VSX command line tools commonly used to retrieve information and perform configuration changes.
• Explain how to use VSX utility commands to perform various maintenance tasks for the VSX environment.
• Explain how to troubleshoot and debug issues that occur in a VSX environment.
• Configuring the VSX Environment
• Deploying a Virtual System with a Physical Interface
• Deploying a Virtual System with Bonded VLAN Interfaces
• Deploying a VSLS Cluster
• Maintaining the VSX Environment
• Using the CLI to Manage VSX
• Performance Tuning in VSX
• Troubleshooting VSX Issues
This course prepares you for exam #156-551 at www.VUE.com/checkpoint
Exam vouchers are available for purchase directly from Arrow ECS (email@example.com) at an additional charge.
Full information on Check Point’s Certification Program can be viewed at https://www.checkpoint.com/downloads/training/check-point-certification-faq.pdf
Attend two Infinity Specialization courses and pass their exams to automatically become a Check Point Certified Security Master (CCSM).
Attend four Infinity Specialization courses and pass their exams to automatically become a Check Point Certified Security Master Elite (CCSM Elite).
Choose from the following Infinity Specialization courses:
Please note that Check Point only offer e-kit courseware for training courses. Each delegate will be provided with an official set of e-kit courseware.
Join our public courses in our Istanbul, London and Ankara facilities. Private class trainings will be organized at the location of your preference, according to your schedule.