Module 1 Understanding ADDS and installing domain controllers
This module comprehensively covers all components of AD DS, different methods for installation and considerations for deploying DCs.
- Exercise – Install Active Directory and manage domain controllers
Module 2 Managing ADDS Objects
This module addresses all the different objects an administrator is likely to create and manage, covers the tools that will be used either GUI based, command line and advanced tools. The module concentrates on user objects, group objects and computer objects together with why those objects are necessary.
- Exercise – Create and manage Active Directory objects
Module 3 Multiple Domain Management
This module covers the scenarios for and issues relating to multiple domains, and multiple forests together with creation and management of the trust relationships both within and between forests.
- Exercise – Configure a multiple forest solution with trust relationships
Module 4 Understanding ADDS replication and sites
To address situations where an organisation has multiple locations, this module covers how replication works in AD DS by default and what can be done to control it together with tools that can be used for monitoring AD DS replication.
- Exercise – Create sites and manage ADDS replication
Module 5 Group Policy
This module describes in detail the components of group policy, how group policy works and how to implement a group policy structure. It also describes how to configure settings, preferences and use additional administrative templates.
- Exercise – Implement Group Policy to affect users and computers
Module 6 Active Directory Domain Services Security
In this module, you will learn what options exist to secure domain controllers and the accounts that are authenticated. This includes account security, password security, Group Managed Service Accounts. It also explains the concept of the Read Only Domain Controller as a secure DC installation for a branch office.
- Exercise – Deploy Read-Only Domain Controllers, Password Policies and Group Managed Service Accounts
Module 7 Active Directory Certificate Services
This module describes how to deploy an AD CS solution, the options available for configuration and how to administer and troubleshoot a Certificate Server.
- Exercise – Deploy Active Directory Certificate Services, templates and manage certificate enrollment
Module 8 Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
This module describes the concept of Federation and how it works to achieve a single sign on solution in both a single organisation scenario and where there is an application to be accessed in a partner organisation.
- Exercise – Deploy Active Directory Federation Services within a single organisation
Module 9 Understanding and configuring a Hybrid Active Directory with Azure AD
Planning and configuring directory synchronisation for a hybrid active directory is addressed in this module. It describes configuration of Azure AD Connect and the possible authentication options for organisations when they have an on premises AD DS and an Azure AD.
- Exercise – Create a M365 subscription and configure and manage a hybrid Active Directory with Azure AD Connect
Module 10 Managing, monitoring and recovery in ADDS
This final module describes how to monitor, manage and maintain AD DS to ensure a highly available solution, or a solution that can be recovered if necessary. It addresses the tools that can be used, explains AD Snapshots, database management and the recycle bin
- Exercise – Manage the database with NTDSutil, create snapshots and enable the Active Directory Recycle Bin