This highly interactive workshop uses a short case-study to enable delegates to gain confidence in the use of proven techniques in the areas listed below. The course provides a solid foundation for further development of scheduling skills through self-reading, more advanced training and practical hands-on experience.
High-level recap and review of:
- Learners are introduced to the basic concept of planning and scheduling with a brief discussion on the purpose and application of the PMP
- As in integral lead into defining the project scope, a review of this process provides the setting for effective scheduling.
- The captured requirements form the basis of defining the scope for the project. Delegates will recap on the use of various breakdown structures resulting in the RAM and scope baseline.
- This module is the core of the content with a detailed investigation of network diagramming, logical relationships and critical path analysis. A solid understanding of the interpretation of the output from critical path analysis, taking into account the impact of constraints, calendars and methods of schedule optimisation.
Detailed coverage of:
Project Resource Estimating
- Various estimating techniques are investigated, along with discussion on typical estimating problems and how to enhance more effective estimating on the project.
Project Resource Scheduling
- Resource allocation, resource aggregation, cost determination and generation of planned spend curves – ‘S’-Curves
Resource Types and Resource Activity types
- Learners are introduced to resource types and examples of each, with appropriate means of determining allocation formats. A detailed investigation into effort driven and resource driven activities confirming understanding of the implications for these on project and activity durations.
Project Resource Schedule Optimisation
- Learners are introduced to the need for the project schedule to be optimised using Resource Levelling, Resource Smoothing, Activity Splitting and Resource Lag techniques.
- This module considers appropriate reporting formats – Gantt Charts, Resource Utilisation Charts and Planned Spend curves – along with various approaches to progress reporting from a resource utilisation perspective.
- This final module considers the requirements for controlled closeout and the demobilisation of resources.
Certified Resource Scheduling Best Practice Exam
- Each learner will have the opportunity to prepare for and then take the QA Resource Scheduling Best Practice exam digitally.